Psychiatry Awards of Excellence
Victoria Hospital Foundation seeks to promote excellence in adult mental health care and is proud to invest in Psychiatry Awards of Excellence to recognize psychiatry residents. The Victoria Hospital Foundation Excellence in Psychiatry Residency Award and Victoria Hospital Foundation Award for PGY2 Excellence are awarded annually at year-end graduation events to deserving psychiatry residents.
To nominate a psychiatry resident for one of these awards, please complete the nomination form linked below according to the guidelines below by May 10, 2023.
Please direct questions about the awards and nomination process to April Bodnarchuk, Residency Program Administrator at 204-787-3610 or by email at [email protected].
Victoria Hospital Foundation Excellence in Psychiatry Residency Award
An annual prize that can be awarded to any Psychiatry Resident completing a rotation at the Victoria Hospital over the previous year. The winner will be the resident who best demonstrates knowledge, teamwork, and compassion in providing psychiatric care during their rotation.
1. The award shall be conferred to one resident every year.
2. Nominations can be made by any psychiatrist at Victoria Hospital by letter of recommendation.
3. Winner selected by the Awards Sub-Committee of the Postgraduate Education Committee.
4. The award is conferred at a year-end graduation event.
Victoria Hospital Foundation Award for PGY2 Excellence
Annual prize awarded to the second year resident in psychiatry who exemplifies:
i. Commitment to teamwork and supporting interprofessional care;
ii. Active commitment to learning and growth as a provider;
iii. A strong dedication to providing compassionate and non-stigmatizing care.
1. Award is for 2nd year residents who have completed or are completing their PGY2 year in the current academic year.
2. The award shall be conferred to one resident every year.
3. The winner is selected by the Awards Sub-Committee of the Postgraduate Education Committee.
4. Nomination can be made by core supervisors and/or psychotherapy training supervisors for 2nd year residents they directly supervised, or by teaching site coordinators for 2nd year residents being trained at their respective site.
5. Nominations consist of a written description of no more than 500 words describing how the resident has exemplified the above qualities. Preference for those submitted with a current CV.
6. Should no nominations be received, the Awards committee will determine the winner from the group of PGY2 residents.
7. The award is conferred at the year-end graduation event.